Monday, January 7, 2008

From Sunny in Westchester:

Dear All,
Every bone in my body was crying out for a hot bath after dropping Renee off at train station last night. Renee and I have walked a good portion of Manchester,going door to door. We spoke to so many people in such a short time, had the door slammed in my face a few times but we canvassed three days and 2 nights non stop(weather bordering between 10-20 degrees/night 5 degrees).We saw the Senator yesterday morning and it made it all worth it. I was interviewed by CBS news, may be on tonight with Byron Pitt national news 6:30 PM (also my new friend Mary Ellen from Cape Cod, Director of Curriculum Sandwich Public Schools there, since I turned race issue over to her). I was so moved by this man if he called and said Sunny come on back-I would do it. He is not only inspirational, he moved me to tears for what I think he can do for America. It is his time( like MLK said "fierce urgency of now") and I have never been more excited to support a candidate in my life. I believe it is what those who marched in Selma must have felt, or JFK supporters must have hoped for,or even colonists who were throwing tea into Boston harbor,this is history in the making. He is indeed a Barack Star!!! There is Barackomania and I so understand,I wish I could write more eloquently and maybe Renee will add to this for me since she and I proudly worked the granite state together!
With love,
A tired but truly happy frozen volunteer for Obama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: