Tuesday, January 29, 2008

From Kathy in MO:

I just got a call from one of my campaigning buddies trying to get into the Obama event. I was afraid it would be cancelled due to the weather or have a poor turnout. She got her husband off work and her kids out of school and headed downtown. She said the even wasn't for another 2 hours and already it was jampacked. The streets are gridlocked. She said she never had seen anything like it. We went to all of the Kerry-Edwards events and she said they looked small compared to this. She also said she has never seen such a diverse crowd as this. Great! I wanted him to make a good showing. They have been saying that Hillary is in the lead in MO. However, Bill was in Independence last weekend and they reported that a crowd of about 1000 had gathered at Wm. Chrisman High School. It sounds like this is way bigger than that!

I am just sick that I am sick!True, if I could get some Florida sunshine maybe I could bake this stuff out of my system.

It is like the 60's again, isn't it? When else have we seen so many young people feeling moved by a cause coming out in droves? No other candidate has inspired that kind of action. It is amazing. Marisa emailed me this morning about the big rallies she attended she said I would have been so proud to see all of the people taking to the streets. I love it!

No comments: