Wednesday, January 30, 2008

From Kathy in KCMO:

It gets even better. I just saw on the news that over 5000 people crammed into the Municpal Auditorium before the fire marshals closed the doors. That left hundreds of people out in the street who stayed to hear him although they could not see him. People were passing out from the closeness and heat in the auditorium and freezing outdoors. No one was deterred. The weather today was terrible. After the snow and ice of the afternoon, the temperature dropped this morning from 55 degrees to 4 degrees. I am so sad that I could not be there, but my respiratory ailments would not allow me to stand in the cold and snow and live through it! My friend went with her whole family. She said he was electric and she is convinced he will be the next president. She was also very impressed with Kathleen Sebilius, our KS governor, and said she should be the first woman president after Barack gives us 8 good years! I am so excited. This was supposed to be Clinton country. Bill maybe drew 1000 people last weekend (those were probably mainly students from William Chrisman High School where he spoke!) This gives me hope! He also packed the little town of ElDorado, KS where little old ladies were claiming to be his relatives. An unbelievable day for Obama in the Midwest! He is a Barack star! I will see him in person one day!

No comments: