Friday, January 11, 2008

From Hank:

I made the National Review, and they are publishing my letter with an apology!

Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 10:10 AM
To: 'letters@nationalreview.com'
Cc: 'estalnecker@nationalreview.com'
Subject: To The Editor

There was a piece in the 01/10/08 New York Post referring to your Editors writing in the January 28th issue of the National Review. This piece referred to a letter to the editor that I wrote to the New York Times, and that the Times published on January 3, 2008.

The Post states that the National Review’s piece says that my claim of “being a life-long Republican until the candidacy of George W. Bush” is a lie. Where do you come off calling me a liar, when my published letter clearly states that I WAS a lifelong Republican BEFORE the candidacy of George W. Bush? I am extremely proud to be an activist and an independent voter in 2008. I am also quite proud of the fact that the Times (and other papers) have published twenty-seven of my letters since 2003.

I voted for Ronald Reagan twice and George H.W. Bush twice. When the younger Bush became a candidate I could not with any good conscious, continue to support the Republican Party. I demand that you publish this letter with an apology, and refrain from calling people liars without any basis whatsoever to do so!

Thank you.

No comments: