Tuesday, January 29, 2008

From Greer in KC: New Voter for Obama!!!

Hey Sunny, it's Greer.

Tonight I got the opportunity to see Barack Obama speak at a rally held in downtown Kansas City, and (of course) I thought of you. I'd heard him speak via the internet and television before, and everyone knows the man's good with words, but being able to see him from thirty feet away talk about his passion as a politician and someone who wants to change the world was an entirely different experience. And I'm sure the excitement in the auditorium was also attributed to the fact that I was surrounded by hundreds of people so fired up about the things that Obama stands for and is capable of helping us achieve.

Anyways, I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed seeing him speak; it was well worth the two plus hours I spent waiting in line to get in. He really makes me excited to see Bush finally out of office, and I hope my vote (the first one I'll be casting ever!) will be one of many that will help usher in a new era of hope for our country with him as President.

Also, I overheard my mom saying that you were going to get the chance to meet his family. How exciting for you, and I'm very jealous. I hope that if you get a chance, you'll tell him how much I enjoyed seeing him in Kansas City and that I sport my Obama '08 bumper sticker with pride and optimism for his future and our future as a nation.

No comments: