Thursday, November 8, 2007

Pat & Rudy

“Pat Loves Rudy” – Op/Ed – & Front Page Story - November 8, 2007

So now the “overriding issue” for the American people, according to Pat Robertson, is defending us against the Islamic Fundamentalists. I suppose abortion and gay marriage are back! Well I’ve got news for Mr. Robertson: Rudy Giuliani ain’t the guy! While he was Mayor of New York Rudy did absolutely nothing to defend us from foreign or domestic attacks. In fact, he forced the placement of his emergency headquarters at World Trade, over the fierce opposition of wiser City leaders. On 9/11 and in the awful days that followed, Mr. Giuliani attended many funerals and wept with the families of those who died, but he also was the Mayor when inferior communications equipment was the order of the day for New York City Fire and Police personnel. First responders were not able to communicate and when into buildings that were falling because they did not get the warnings being broadcast on their cheap communication units.

Rudy Giuliani as the next President? The only scarier politician in my lifetime was Joseph McCarthy of Wisconsin.

Henry A. Lowenstein

1 comment:

Christina said...

I guess everyone has forgot just what kind of Mayor he really was. Remember how he censored our museum's exhibits and the whole transit system strike? My parents, who were born and raised in Italy, called him Mussolini. How can our nation be run my a man that his own kids hate?
If Rudy wins I'm moving my family to Canada.