Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween-A Surprising Time for Others

Friends,

Ordinarily, we think of Hanukah or Christmas as a time to help others. Unexpectedly, we've found an opportunity in Halloween.

Each Halloween our urban neighborhood is swamped with guests from surrounding, lower-income neighborhoods. What a genuine thrill it is for Bill and I to buy tons of treats (500+) and items for our little door-to-door trick-or-treaters.

These precious little ones have a safe time and just beam with joy over Halloween treats. Bill and I decorate the front yard and pump music out of our attic that can be heard from a block away.

Despite the conservative views, who would have thought that something that appears so evil...is actually so good...

Here are a few snapshots of our Halloween night 2007 (Wednesday) ... casket and all...

www.billminckler.org/halloween

Keep being a light,

Love Joe

1 comment:

SunnyG said...

FRom Sunny:
YOu guys went all out and I am so impressed! Wow, what a lot of work that takes. We decorated but nothing like that. You win the prize. I had so many kids I had to turn the lights off at 8:30PM went through over $50.000 worth of candy. I think it is the location of the house. Many of the kids asked for stickers which I gave out for Kerry Edwards. I told them not for the primary! Funny hun,they knew it was a political house! Glad you had such a nice holiday!