Saturday, December 15, 2007

From Susan Klopfer in Iowa:

My name is Susan Klopfer, and I was a big Hillary Clinton supporter when this race started. I got involved early on, licking stamps, stuffing envelopes, and doing what volunteers do. But I’ve been really disappointed lately to see all these attacks she’s been making on Barack Obama. When her campaign went after Barack for saying he wanted to be president in kindergarten, I thought: “Now this is really silly, what is this campaign coming to?” Making these kinds of negative attacks just isn’t what Iowans are interested in. We’re interested in what candidates are going to do about the big challenges we face, whether it’s universal health care, fighting global climate change, or ending this war in Iraq. So I kept seeing this disconnect because the candidate I was supporting wasn’t focused on the same things I was focused on. And I finally said no, I’m not going to stay a supporter of hers anymore. So yesterday, I pulled her campaign sign out of my front lawn and put a Barack Obama sign in its place. It was always hard for me to support another candidate, but not anymore. Barack Obama doesn’t believe in negative campaigning. He’s focused on what’s really important – bringing Americans together so we can finally solve our problems. So today, I’m proud to call myself an Obama supporter. And I hope you’ll share my story with anyone you think is also tired of silly attacks, and interested in bringing about real change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - this is a huge blow to the Clinton camp!

I Googled Susan and found out she is also an author and journalist for civil rights issues - how cool!

Learn more about Susan here:
http://themiddleoftheinternet.com/
http://www.lulu.com/thedelta

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXPnMflGkvI