Sunday, December 2, 2007

From Hank:

From: Hank Lowenstein
Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2007 9:48 AM
To: 'letters@nytimes.com'
Subject: To The Editor


“Who’s Afraid of Barack Obama?” – Frank Rich – December 2, 2007


When I became eighteen years old in March of 1960, I was exposed to the eloquence, charm, intelligence and hopefulness of John F. Kennedy. I was so excited by the Massachusetts Senator that I volunteered for his campaign and proudly cast my very first presidential vote for him. Not until the emergence of Senator Obama has a candidate impressed or excited me in the same way. I have attended four Obama events in New York and come away each time, thinking that this man is truly magical. He is not simply talking about pie-in-the-sky possibilities, but rather what he believes he can actually accomplish if elected President.


Hillary Clinton and all the other Democratic and Republican candidates should well fear the power and passion of Senator Obama. He is the grass roots candidate that Howard Dean spoke of in 2004, and his appeal cuts across racial and political lines. There has not been a moment in my lifetime when America needed the likes of Barack Obama more than we do today. He is the only candidate who can unite this country, restore our dignity around the world, and return us to a nation of laws, compassion and respect.

No comments: