Friday, December 14, 2007

From Hank:

Friday, December 14, 2007 7:47 AM
To: 'letters@nytimes.com'
Subject: To The Editor

“Notes From the Global War on Terror” – Editorial – December 14, 2007

Reading your terrific piece this morning stopped me cold in my tracks. I could not believe I was having my morning bagel and coffee in New York instead of some foreign country ruled by a ruthless dictator. I do however disagree with your conclusion that American’s still do not know if Bush hyped and distorted intelligence on Iraq and Iran. It is crystal clear that this President did exactly that, and as a result thousands of our bravest young men and women are dead or wounded, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of Iraqi dead and millions more refugees.

Your essay does get it right on one thing for sure. Congress, and especially Mr. Reid and Ms. Pelosi have not, and appear will not do what is needed before Mr. Bush can do even more harm. We the people need to let the House and senate leaders that we will not stand by while they sell out to Bush and his die hard republican puppets.

No comments: